Monday, December 29, 2008

My Shepherd

Hey Papa,

I have had a pretty good day today. I'm exhausted though-after not working or doing much for the last 10 days-getting back to work today was rough. I'm left with a pounding headache tonight. But I have to praise you because I'm blessed to have a job to go to. I have thought about that fact several times this year. With the economy the way it is and friends losing their jobs, i'm so thankful that Gregory and I are secure. So thanks sweet Father for placing us in the jobs we have. I know that you had already planned this life out and I am so thankful. You know today is one of those days where I want you to just hold me in your comforting embrace. You know those days where you just want to feel secure. Well, maybe you don't know since you are secure! It's one of those days for me. I am resting on your words tonight. I love how you speak through the writers in the Bible. Your word is alive and it speaks differently to me everyday. Today I am reflecting on Psalms 23. Thank you for giving David these words. I will leave you with this because it is my prayer. I added my emphasis as well. I love you papa!
In your GRIP-
Rachael

You are MY shepherd, I shall not be in any sort of want. You makes me lie down in green pastures, you lead me beside still waters, you restore my weary soul. You guide me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. And even though I walk through many valleys of the shadow of death, I chose to fear no evil, because I know You are ALWAYS with me; your rod and your staff, they ALWAYS comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup abundantly overflows. Surely Your goodness and Your AMAZING love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in Your house forever!

No comments: